- These terms and conditions are applicable to any and all services provided by The Purr Inn ® (Services).
- You agree to these terms and conditions when you make a booking with us.
- These terms and conditions may be updated or amended at any time. The updated or amended terms and conditions will be posted on our website www.thepurrinncathotel.com.au.
“Business Hours” means 10am – 6pm on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays and 10am – 2pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays.
“Non-Peak Periods” means any periods which are not Peak Periods.
“Peak Periods” means Victorian school holidays and public holiday long weekends and applies where any part of your booking includes days within these periods.
“The Purr Inn ®” means the luxury cat hotel business trading as The Purr Inn ®, which is owned and operated by The Purr Inn Partnership.
“we” and “us” means The Purr Inn ®, and “our” has a corresponding meaning.
“you” means any user of The Purr Inn ® website and any prospective, current or past customer or client of The Purr Inn ®, and “your” has a corresponding meaning.
- All felines must be over 12 weeks of age and fully vaccinated with proof of current vaccination provided at time of check in.
- Please do not attempt to bring unwell felines with infectious illness into The Purr Inn®. If your feline is showing any signs of infectious illness upon check in they will not be admitted into The Purr Inn®. We may refuse entry for any reason that we determine could compromise the health of our other guests and staff.
- You must provide us with your feline’s preferred veterinarian and an emergency person’s contact details at check in.
- If during their stay there is a medical concern or issue with your feline, we will attempt to contact you and/or your emergency contact immediately. We do our utmost to communicate any and all feline health issues to our clients as soon as practicable.
- In the event of a medical emergency we reserve the right to seek immediate veterinary care for your feline and have them attended to by a veterinarian without your consent. We will endeavour to contact you and use your preferred veterinarian. However, if this is unfeasible or we are unable to contact you, we will engage our contracted veterinarian. If we cannot contact you or your emergency contact, the attending veterinarian will be given consent to determine appropriate veterinary care and/or treatment required.
- You will be liable for all incurred veterinary charges which are payable at time of check-out.
- We do not charge extra for transport to our contracted veterinarian or your preferred veterinarian within local areas during Business Hours. Transport to non-local areas or attendance outside of Business Hours will incur an additional fee.
- We accept felines on medication for no additional charge. Please label all medication with clear directions and discussed this at check in.
- We recommend ensuring your veterinarian is satisfied with The Purr Inn® administering medications at or between the hours of 10am and 6pm.
- After hours medication administration is available for an additional fee. This is subject to staff availability and must be arranged with The Purr Inn® management prior to check in.
- We will use our best endeavours to administer medications as directed (including for felines that are highly reactive or overly aggressive and/or are not able to be handled safely, by making an ingestible paste that your feline can lick off fur/ torso/paws, and if that is unsuccessful, by putting medications in their food). However, we are not liable if your feline fails to ingest medications despite our best efforts to administer them. We will advise you and/or your emergency contact if we cannot administer any medication and will seek veterinary intervention in accordance with our medical policy if required.
Deceased Feline Policy
- In the unfortunate event your cat passes away while staying at our facility, we will contact you immediately and provide a full refund of any unused nights once your deceased feline is collected from The Purr Inn®. We will do all we can to support you in such a circumstance.
- Our suite rates are charged per night. Please refer to our website for current rates.
- Payment in full is required before or at check in. However, during Non-Peak Periods, we offer a pay at check-out option subject to payment of a deposit at check-in ($50 for bookings under $500 and $100 for bookings over $500).
- We welcome payments via direct deposit before your check in date. If you wish to do so, kindly contact us for the payment details. Please include your full name and your cat/s name/s as a reference.
- Feline enrichment based tailored care is an integral part of The Purr Inn® service. We tailor care and experiences to your felines’ unique personality. Enrichment experiences are dependent on and limited by each feline’s specific behaviour and temperament. Providing care in this way minimises stress on your feline and ensures the safety of our staff. For example, if felines are not suited to roaming outside of their suites or using our interactive features, we will provide alternative options in-suite to make their stay as enjoyable and stress free as possible. We will not provide any experience if doing so creates stress for your feline or requires unnecessarily handling of reactive or aggressive felines. Payments are not refundable if any suite package inclusions are not provided for these reasons.
- We will engage debt collection services to recover accounts that remain unpaid 14 days from your check out date. Any and all fees associated with debt recovery will be added to the recoverable amount. We do not hold liens over felines for unpaid accounts.
- You release The Purr Inn® from all claims, losses, damage, costs, expenses and liability arising out of or in connection with the illness, injury, impregnation, illness, change in health or death of your feline while they are in our care or following a stay at The Purr Inn®.
Limitation of liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law and subject to clauses 55-59 (inclusive), The Purr Inn® gives no warranties, and shall have no liability to you in relation to:
- the provision of The Purr Inn® services;
- the suitability of The Purr Inn® services for any specific purpose or for every feline;
- advice provided by The Purr Inn® to you. Such advice is general in nature only and The Purr Inn® accepts no liability if the desired result is not achieved by or in relation to your feline.
- Save and except for any third-party copyright included on this website under a licence or agreement, these terms and conditions and all content on The Purr Inn ® website and any downloads from it (Content), is owned by The Purr Inn®.
- Other than for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (or any other applicable legislation throughout the world), or as otherwise provided for in this copyright notice, no part of any Content may in any form or by any means (including electronic, mechanical, photocopying or recording) be reproduced, adapted, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted or reproduced on any other website without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
- The Purr Inn® makes no warranties or representations that third-party material on this Website or material on other websites to which this Website is linked, does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world. The Purr Inn® is not, and must not be taken to be, authorising infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material on other sites by linking this Website to such material on other sites.
- This Website may contain trademarks or logos of other companies or organisations and these are proprietary to the registered owner(s) of such marks.
Consequence of use
- Our website may only be used for lawful purposes. Any unlawful use of the Website may give rise to an offence or claim being made against you which we will not be liable for.
- You indemnify The Purr Inn ® and its owners, employees, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses and damage incurred as a consequence of:
- Any misuse of the website or services by you, including without limitation, any dishonest, inaccurate, incomplete, fraudulent, negligent, wrongful, unlawful or criminal act or omission by you
- Your breach of any of these terms and conditions and any policies of The Purr Inn ® published on our website or otherwise notified to you.
- This indemnity will survive termination of any contract between us.
Links to other websites
- The Purr Inn® may provide links to other websites on the www.thepurrinncathotel.com.au website. This does not imply any commercial relationship between The Purr Inn® and the owners of those websites. The Purr Inn® takes no responsibility for any content displayed on those websites.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- The Purr Inn ® limits all of its direct and indirect liability (including in negligence) to you to the Consumer Guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Where there is a breach of the Consumer Guarantees, then to the maximum extent permitted by law, The Purr Inn ®’s liability to you is limited at our option to:
- In the case of goods, replacement or repair of the goods, or the cost of replacing or repairing the goods; or
- In the case of services, resupply of the services, or payment of the cost of re-supplying the services.
- Subject to this clause 38, and to the extent permitted by law:
- We exclude all representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, by statute, trade or otherwise; and
- We will not be liable for any liabilities, claims, costs and expenses (including legal costs), damage, or injury or any special, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with our services or these terms and conditions (including as a result of not being able to use our services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- Use of our website and our services is at your own risk. Everything in relation to our website and our services are provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranties or conditions of any kind. None of the owners of The Purr Inn ® and The Purr Inn partnership make any express or implied representation or warranty about the websites’ content or any products or services provided by The Purr Inn ® or referred to on the website.
- These terms and conditions, and any contract which arises between us and incorporates these terms and conditions, are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.